I love "Grandma Time Out" Vacations! I got to have a full week with these 2 cute little grands while their parents went honeymoonin' and we had some great fun together! I have a sign hanging on my kitchen wall that reads "AT GRANDMA'S I CAN!" Well of course they can at grandma's! Isn't that what granny's are for...to spoil the grandchildren rotten?! At grandma's they can do anything they want and their parents don't have anything to say about it!!! We CAN get our hands dirty catching Rollie Pollie (potato) Bugs with grandpa great and we CAN feed the horse some fresh spring grass...
...We CAN Swing on the old tire swings and and get our clothes all dirty, and We CAN see if we're almost as tall as Aunt Diane yet, and we CAN play our all time favorite game "Frantic Ants" with Aunt "D"!
We CAN pour tons of syrup all over our waffles, and top them off with all the whipped cream we want to squirt and we CAN squirt the Whipped cream directly into our mouths...and yeas we CAN Dip, dip dip anything we want to, even if it's our yummy chicken nuggets into some delicious caramel apple dip! We CAN build towers taller that ourselves, and make anything we want out of Legos... and even if we don't want to build anything at all we CAN toss them in the air just for fun!!
We CAN roast hot dogs, and as many huge marshmallows as we want to roast in the fireplace on a cold snowy evening, and get our hands and mouths all gooey and sticky... and then we CAN eat Jiffy Pop popcorn and watch our favorite movie by (fake) candlelight!
We CAN take a walk to see Our friend and her tiny horse named Little Red, and we CAN feed him carrots and let him nibble on our shirt!
We CAN play hide and seek at Discovery Park and play and have such fun til we're all tired out!
We CAN hold Pretty Boy the Cockatiel and let him sit on our shoulder...
...and we CAN play the blues on the Harmonica til were cross-eyed and blue in the face... And we CAN play school sitting in the old fashioned desk in grandma's basement!
We CAN Jump like Jumping Beans on beds and/or trampolines, and we CAN blow bubbles into the wind and watch them float far, far away into the beautiful blue sky!
We CAN get messy painting bird houses for the birds to make their nests in this Spring, and we CAN also climb trees and pretend we are birds making our nests in the Spring! Chirp, Chirp!
We CAN create our own paper doll cousins and then have a sleepover with them...
We CAN take grandma and Grandpa Hiking the bubble Rocks at 3 Peaks...
And we CAN go boating with this cute family at Sand Hollow!
We CAN go tubing in the cold, cold water and nearly drown ourselves...
And then we CAN picnic on the beach with grandpa Bob and roll around and jump in the coral sand, and feel it squishing through our toes and fingers,...and we CAN even be magically transformed in to mermaids! Yep I CAN do anything I want at Grandma's!Some of my favorite thoughts and feelings about being a Grandma:
"When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window."
"Whenever I see you I have an uncontrollable urge to fling open my arms, excitedly shout your name and scoop you up."
"Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old."
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be like a child sometimes."
"If I'd known grandchildren were so much fun, I'd have had them first!"
"All Grandmothers like letters. Even if they just consist of a squiggle and a dirty finger mark."
"Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap."
"Grandchildren are loving reminders of what we're really here for."
"My Grandkids Are GENIUSES! (They think I'm perfect.)"



No comments:
Post a Comment