LIFE DOESN'T GET ANY SWEETER THAN THIS!

My name is Brenda Joy Rasmussen. I am the oldest of 5 children. I grew up in the small town of Parowan Utah. I have been born into a wonderful family of 3 sisters and one brother. We have been raised by good parents who have given us a life time of love. They have instilled in us a great love for the plain and simple, and most precious things in life, God and family. I now live in the small town of Enoch, Utah, not to far from where I grew up, with my husband Robert. Here in Enoch we have raised 5 beautiful children. We are the grandparents of 13 sweet grandchildren!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

One of my favorite traditions on Memorial day is to go to Parowan and wander around the beautiful cemetery.  there is such a spirit of calm and peace here.  It's such a lovely place located at the mouth of Parowan Canyon. 
 It's always fun meeting my dad here putting flowers on Grandma and Grandpa Stubbs grave. It's fun to visit and reminisce with dear friends and loved ones. I sure do miss my Grandmas and Grandpas.  It will be good to see them again some day. 
 Putting FLowers on Grandpa Rasmussen's grave.  We miss him too:)
I love to wander through the beautiful old headstones here.  They tell some pretty amazing and interesting stories.
Charley's Grave has always been intriguing to me.  It doesn't tell a story at all.  It just says "Charley's Grave"  One of these days I hope to meet Charley in Heaven and sit with him awhile to hear his story:) 
We celebrated the Holiday with these girls and enjoyed a yummy lunch at La Villa's.  It's been a wonderful day of remembering, and visiting with some very special  people who have greatly blessed our lives.  May we love them and enjoy every waking moment we have with them while they are still among us:) Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: