LIFE DOESN'T GET ANY SWEETER THAN THIS!

My name is Brenda Joy Rasmussen. I am the oldest of 5 children. I grew up in the small town of Parowan Utah. I have been born into a wonderful family of 3 sisters and one brother. We have been raised by good parents who have given us a life time of love. They have instilled in us a great love for the plain and simple, and most precious things in life, God and family. I now live in the small town of Enoch, Utah, not to far from where I grew up, with my husband Robert. Here in Enoch we have raised 5 beautiful children. We are the grandparents of 13 sweet grandchildren!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Welcome Home Chey!

After a 24 hour wait, Chey is finally home! This was the first try at welcoming him home. He was scheduled to fly into SLC at 7:50 pm July 7th. We waited, and waited, and waited...
and our missionary never stepped of the plane...
where in the world is he?
The 2nd time's a charm! We were there, we were ready, we were excited!
Here he comes! Chey finally arrived a little after 8:00 pm on July 8th 24 hours later than scheduled. He did get to spend some time in New York with Ian and Christy and the kids. I'm so glad he got to see them! It's sure good to see this kid again after 2 years. He's a little thinner than I remember and was wearing some pretty interesting looking shoes!
Family and friends greeted him and welcomed him home.
I'm sure he was feeling a little overwhelmed.....
...nd very much loved at this point!


Bob, Chey and I enjoyed a trip to the Jordan River Temple.
It was just so good to be in that beautiful place.
After Chey was released from his 2 year missionary service in Ukraine, we took a drive to Grandma and grandpa Stubbs mountain property for a hot dog roast and some family fun! It was great to get reaquainted again and to spend time with loved ones!
Chey is now getting back into the swing of life in Enoch, Utah and preparing to get backto work and into school this fall. Here's a little something Chey found that makes returning to school a little more enjoyable. A MacBook Pro!
WELCOME HOME UNCLE SHAKE! IT'S GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!

No comments: